Friday, January 23, 2009

Update

I'm not sure why I thought my oncologist would be wrong but let's say I hoped he would be. He has told me all along that the effects of chemo are cummulative. I was hoping that maybe I would be the exception to that. I still don't have any nausea which is great. I actually took less meds this time. The anti-nausea meds can make you sleepy. The fatigue is much worse this time. I'm not as sleepy, but I just don't have any energy. It's getting better but I definitely feel like a couch potato!
The acupuncture seems to be helping with some of the aches & pains. After three treatments this week, I feel like a pin cushion!
I have been on a roller coaster of emotions this week. Most of the time I can be pretty positive about all of this. On Tuesday, my hair started falling out! I guess I wasn't ready for that. I'm shedding worse than the dogs! I have been trying to decide when to shave my head. I'm having trouble committing to a date but there will be chocolate martinis involved!

3 comments:

colleen J said...

tracie, your good humor is marvelous! I wish I could send you (not a virtual) chocolate martini right now. I hope my prayers are more efficacious than the chocolate martini I don't have a good way of sending long distance. I'll be ramping them up for you in the days/weeks ahead. You seem to be such a good aid to your own healing with the attitude you are maintaining. Keep on keepin' on :)

Anonymous said...

Tracie - I never tried the acupuncture...I'm glad it seems to be working for you! Just a lil tip on when to take the plunge and shave your hair...remember the Toy Story doll that Sid destroyed? that's what I looked like before I shaved...don't wait that long!! LOL! Just do it!

Anonymous said...

Tracie,
I LOVE the haircut!! It is soooooo cute and it looks great with your face. OK, so it sucks it is falling out...but it will grow back. And your kids a gorgeous!! Your sonis so good looking, and his face is all you! (with a masculine touch, of course)
I love that you are keeping up the blog, and it seems taking all of this with a good sense of humor. Let us know if there is anything any of us here at work can do for you. We all send you good wishes!

Gretchen Bjelke