Saturday, January 31, 2009

Chemo is half done....maybe


I had another "fun" day at chemo with good friends and a good nurse. Thanks to Laura and Christine for keeping me entertained. The day went so fast.

I just finished number 3 and right now I have 6 scheduled. After 6 then I'll have another CT/PET scan. Depending on the results, I may be done with chemo and on to radiation. It feels great to have come this far already. I can't believe it's only been a month & a half since I was diagnosed.

I feel pretty good right now. Up at 5am again but I feel asleep at 8 last night so I guess I've had enough sleep. Usually I don't start to feel crappy until Sunday. Should be a low key superbowl for us this year! First one in a long time, good thing I don't care about either team. Sorry if there are any cardinal or steeler fans reading this.

This past week was pretty busy so it will be nice to lay around for a few days. I try to do as much as possible when I feel good and this week was no exception. With several friends birthdays this week, there was a lot of celebrating. Thursday I was fortunate to have two of my coworkers stop by. Sara J brought over some goodies. I love the hat & scarf. Thanks to the Sunday-Monday NICU crew for the card & gift card. Terri A stopped by and took me out to lunch. It was great to catch up on work. I would also like to give a huge thanks to everyone who has donated leave. I can't tell you much that means to us. Thank you all.

Thank you all for your comments. I love reading them. Most of the time I have a pretty positive attitude but they give me such a boost.

Thanks for the great dinners this past week as well. Everything has been so good!

The 2 blogs I have on my blog list are for Ramah Ryan. She is a friend and coworker who is training for a the Lavaman Triathlon with Team in Training. Team in Training raises money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. She has done this for th past 6 years. If anyone is interested in donating to this good cause then check out the link to her training page.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea, Tracie! Glad to hear you are doing well and have such a positive attitude. It makes all the difference--as does a good group of friends and family to lean on. Still impressed with your shapely head. Who knew? I think I have a ridge on my head and would look a little goofy with no hair, but you look beautiful!! I wish I could be there to visit with you, but, once again, the fargin bastages at UW have decided not to interview me. Whatev. Will have to find another excuse to come up and visit. Keep on blogging. I am glad to be able to keep up with your goings on. Hang in there! You are doing great!

Anonymous said...

Mikey is going bald in support of his aunt Tracie. Really just a perfect rectangle in the back of his head but it the thought that counts.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracie- I have thought of you so much in the past two weeks!! I got great updates from Sara and Teri. Can we do lunch next week? Thursday and Friday are free...Is your next chemo next Friday? If so i can hang with you there...Let me know!!
Wendy xo

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tracie!--This is Bonnie, if you remember me...your Uncle Rick's ex... Your mom is keeping me posted on you, and I love it that I can look at your blog and see how things are going... You look great sans the hair!! Hang in, girl...as many of your friends have said, a good attitude/outlook is a big part of the battle here... More later...

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and continuing to send good vibes, thoughts and prayers your way. Keep your head up! Heidi

Anonymous said...

Tracie,
I've gotten busy with school and haven't been on the blog in a while. Just wanted to let you know you're always in our thoughts and we're so glad you're doing so well. You're almost there!!!
Jen