Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Update

I guess I'll start with the positive, there seems to be no problem with nausea. The meds are awesome and as long as I stay away from Swatdy's(thanks Jennifer for that advice) I think it will be ok. I feel great in the mornings, big shock for a night person!
The fatigue is the biggest challenge so far. I haven't made awake past 8:30 yet. It's tough when you can't outlast the kids! I'm trying to remember to pace myself and not do too much when I feel good. It's a weird feeling to be so tired all the time. I guess I'll have to get used to it. They say exercise helps. I'm heading to the gym today after the kids go to school. Maybe a little walk on the treadmill will help.
This week will be a bit challenging as Terry just left for Boston. I think it was pretty tough for him to go. This is the trip that got cancelled minutes before I was diagnosed. Nicholas says he's up for the challenge of taking care of the dogs. He wanted to get up at 6am to take care of them this morning! Hopefully I talked him out of that! He may be excited to learn he'll get to stay up later to let them out at night, anything for more TV at this point! Terry may be a little surprised when he comes back to the whole house being on my schedule!
So far we've been blessed with really great family & friends. I can't thank you enough. The food, help and well wishes have been amazing! Love the lucy clothes-thanks to Johnene & Kristin!
For my BFF's at work, I'm going down to have some coffee now. It's not quite the same as going down to Tully's but it'll have to do! Enjoy!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nick needs a raise in his allowance, sounds like he is really stepping up to the plate. I think 8:30 is a great bed time.

Anonymous said...

I like the picture of you and Terry, that looks like a beautiful house, where was that? =)

Angela said...

Hey, glad to hear the nausea is staying away. Let me know when you want to walk - you've got a parnter! :) Love, Angela

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracie, I'm Kati. I'm a friend of Stacie and the Jag family. I'm praying for you!! I would love to help you in any way that I can...I have four kids that LOVE having friends over to play :) I live up the hill from you in Meredith.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have been going to be around 8:30 for awhile. So welcome to the club. What are we really missing anyway, Desperate Housewives? Great pic, total hottie with her kids.
Love ya, Kristen

Anonymous said...

Tracie,

I'm so glad to hear that you're not feeling sick! I was tired all the time...never have been much for exercise ;) I bet that woulda helped! Enjoy the sleep - you deserve a break!

Unknown said...

Keep fighting the good fight! Great pic of you and the kids on your Saturday post.

Anonymous said...

You're in my prayers.

Kristin said...

I like the pictures!