Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Winter Break

We all arrived home on time and safe! We had an awesome and exhausting time in Chicago! Christmas Eve was at my sister's house in the city with all of our family and my brother in law's family. There was lots of good food and wine. Terry & I awoke Christmas morning at 4am with a vomiting child! Another night without much sleep, but Alyssa rallied and was opening presents by 9! The rest of the day was a little quieter, just our family and a great prime rib dinner! According to Alyssa, prime rib is good for upset tummies!

While the kids spent time with Grandma, Grandpa and Great Grandma, Terry & I went my sisters for a night without kids! A mani & pedi was just what the doctor ordered! Thanks Amy! Later that evening, we went to dinner at this incredible Meixcan restaurant! It's called Mixteco, try it if you are ever in Chicago. I can't believe how good the food and the company was.

Terry left early Saturday am, fortunately he got out of Midway between the fog and flooding! The kids spent the weekend playing with their cousins. I was able to enjoy some time with my parents and Grandma. It was really nice! I even had fun shopping with my Dad on Sunday morning. Who'd of thought? Thanks Dad!

One more crazy day left in the city! We went to Winter Wonderland at Navy Pier. They have an indoor ice rink, rides and all of the blow up, bouncy things you could imagine! The kids loved it!!!! Of course being different ages, they all wanted to try something different! Alyssa was very proud of herself for learning to skate without the wall or Grandma's help(short distances only). Nicholas spent a lot of time falling. By mid afternoon the place was a madhouse! We went back to my sister's for dinner. I finally got to have some good pizza! Can't leave without that!

I'm really hoping what the kids remember most about this winter break is all the fun and not that their Mom started chemo! We have 2 days left before I start treatment. I'm trying like crazy to get things done. Fortunately New Years Eve will be a low key, fun night with a few friends and the kids.

I'm ready to get going with my treatment now. I don't really know what to expect but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Thanks to my family for a great holiday and all of their support! I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Tracie

Ps: I hope this is ok, my editor had to go to work!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and sending every good vibe I can your way.
Your blog is fantastic.......you don't need an editor. HEidi

Anonymous said...

Here's to a happy and HEALTHY 2009!

Anonymous said...

Tracie,
I've been off from work and haven't been good about checking my emails. I just found out about your diagnosis today. I am so sorry that you and your family are having to go through this. I've worked with you for many years and I know you're smart, a hard worker, and you don't take guff from anybody (or any diagnosis). You've got what it takes to beat this thing. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Tricia

Anonymous said...

Tracie -
I'm so glad you all made it through the weather in Chicago. It sounds like you had fun. I know you're anxious about starting your treatment...before you know it, it'll be over! From my experience, stay away from spicy foods and you'll be all right! We'll be thinking about you!! Keep us updated!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for keeping us updated! We'll be thinking of you on Friday...and throughout the weekend...sending you love! Angela

Anonymous said...

Alright Tracie, let's kick some cancer ass! You go girl.
-KC

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today.
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Get 'er done! Jen

Anonymous said...

Just talked to Terry. Thinking of you today and always. You're a rock. You're going to be just fine - if anyone can beat this, you can. Hang in there. I love you!
-Laurie

Anonymous said...

We are sending positive thoughts your way!! Take care of yourself. Kristin J.