Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Going Crazy

Friday I had what will hopefully be my last chemo. Johnene & Kristin came along for moral support and entertainment! We even managed to go out to lunch with Erika to celebrate. At the very least, I've gotten to the point of repeating my scans to check on my progress. That alone seems worth celebrating. My CT/PET scan is scheduled for March 24th. Only one more week to wait. Time is moving very slowly. I know the results will be better than my first one, but as to whether the cancer will be gone, we'll just have to wait & see. I'm hoping to move on to radiation and be done with chemo. Not that I'm really excited about radiation, but at least it will feel like progress.

I am much more tired after this round of chemo. I've been very good about doing nothing this time. My only activity for the last 4 days has been a trip to the grocery store. Never thought that could be so much fun. I'm getting a little crazy and definitely driving Terry there! While the fatigue seems to be worse, the aches & pains are not. I probably shouldn't be complaining because it could be so much worse!

I've got a pedicure planned for the end of the week. Seems like a great way to recover. Hopefully there won't be snow on the ground! My Dad is coming to visit us on Sunday, which we are all looking forward to. Alyssa is probably the most excited, not sure if it's because Grandpa is coming or that he's bringing her first American Girl Doll!

Happy St Patrick's Day to all.

5 comments:

Angela said...

Yeah! I'm with you, hoping it's the last round of chemo...a pedi sounds fun! Sending you lots of good wishes, and a scan next Tuesday that brings good news. Love, Angela

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracie,

Just want you to know that I check your blog regularly and think of you often. We miss you at work!

Hugs,
Diane

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracie,
Sending you all the good ju-ju ,vibes, luck and prayers for the 24th. I'll be praying for and thinking of you. You just continue keeping it together girl.
You look as beautiful and bright as you always did.
We miss you at work.
Take care

Saudia.

Anonymous said...

Tracie,
Just wanted to let you know that I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!!! We're all sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
Take care,
Robin

Anonymous said...

miss you round here. you keep on taking it easy and enjoy that pedicure! kim hiatt