Sunday, February 15, 2009

Only 2 more chemo days!



Chemo went well Friday. I had fun catching up with Wendy, a good friend from work. I feel pretty good so far. Sunday through Tuesday are usually the hardest days. I think acupuncture and herbs are making a huge difference in the way I feel. I am a little tired throughout the 2 weeks but not too bad. I'm sure some of it has to do with me trying to do too much when I feel good.

Sorry I haven't posted for 2 weeks but I'm not getting up at 5am as much and then I never seem to find the time to do it. I guess I'm not quite ready to go to day shift at work! That may take a few more years.

I want to give a huge thanks to my coworkers who have donated annual leave. That is such a tremendous help to us. It helps relieve some of the stress of not working. Thank you for being so generous with your time.

I'm looking forward to my Mom visting next week. It's difficult being so far from your family when things are challenging. We have a great group of family and friends here but it will be nice to see my family.

Thanks for all the great meals over these past 2 weeks. The evenings seem to be my most tired time so it's a relief not to have to think about meals everyday. Terry's a great guy but not much of a cook.

2 comments:

Molly Cullen said...

Hi Tracie! I have to agree with you on Terry not being a cook. Once he was supposed to fix me dinner when he was just out of college and mom and dad were on a trip. His culinary masterpiece included a frozen chicken breast which he put in a baggie of sauce and cooked in the microwave! On the other hand, he did put the fire out that one time I was baking cookies and set fire to the sink. Good times.

Be well, and I hope to come up to see you all soon!

- Molly

Unknown said...

Tracie, loved getting to be with you guys on Saturday night...it was fun to visit without kiddos there - we actually finished sentences! :) Sending you healing and love and peace this week while your body does more work. Angela