Friday, May 8, 2009

All Done

I've been done for a week. It feels so good. Sorry it's taken so long to post. I thought we were busy while I was going to radiation but the last week has been crazy. I'm not sure how I had time to have cancer!

Last Thursday was Girls Night Out in Poulsbo. Thanks to Johnene, Kristin, Tarra, Kristen, Angela, Julie & Sherry for taking me out to celebrate. We had a great dinner at Burrata Bistro. It's a great new Italian restaurant in Poulsbo.

Overall I feel pretty good. I managed to get through radiation with only mild side effects. The burns aren't too bad. Everyone keeps telling me I have a good tan. It was a very expensive tanning bed! I have some irritation to my throat & esophagus. It feels like a sore throat until I forget and eat something spicy. I've been told it will take a few weeks to heal, maybe longer if I don't pay attention to what I eat. I'm still tired. Some days I feel great and forget to rest. The next day is really tough. I'm trying to remember to take it easy. I have 10 days until I go back to work. Hopefully I'll be ready!

I'd like to thank all of you for helping us get through the last 5 months. I knew that we had some good friends but I guess I didn't realize how good & how many until I got sick. There is no way I would have been able to do this without help. I've ben complemented on how well I dealt with all of this. I would have been a mess without all of the support from family & friends. Terry & I are extremely fortunate to have all of you. Thank you seems so inadequate but that's all I can do.

No comments: